So I'm quite an introvert, well to be precise an extroverted introvert. When required I can do a presentation in front of 500 students, I can network at conferences, I can banter and socialise with the best of them but I'm happiest at home or on the allotment either on my own or with Sam.
It's not that I don't like socialising, I do but I also find it really exhausting. Why am I posting this? Because Christmas is hard work for a lot of introverted people or people with anxiety; Christmas parties, Christmas shopping, travelling far and wide to make sure you see everyone you need to can be really overwhelming.
Things I do at Christmas that non-anxious people might find weird:
- I'll always choose to text or IM you rather than talk on the phone
- 9 times out of 10 I'm totally fine about you cancelling our plans
- I will NEVER get super dressed up, being uncomfortable even during the office Christmas party is not an option
- I know Amazon are evil tax dodging scum but doing my Christmas shopping with them means I don't have to deal with the busy Christmas high street and I'm prepared to sell a piece of my soul every time I click the 'submit order' button to avoid that
- I'll do 'the big Christmas shop' at 1am at the 24 hour Tesco just to avoid the horror of dead-eyed weekend food shoppers *shudder*
- I will sneak out of a party without saying goodbye to avoid the 'big goodbye' involved, I won't feel bad about it either
- Socialising with friends who are fine with me bringing my slippers to their house will always be my favourite
I would love to hear from fellow introverts, I can't be the only person who does this stuff at Christmas can I??